Earlier this week I posted our family meal plan on Instagram, which included White Bean Chicken Chili on it. It’s a staple for us when the weather cools and our whole family enjoys it. As I was making it yesterday evening, I thought it would be worth sharing. It’s also protein dense, with a whopping dose of fiber and vegetables. Originally it was from my good friend Angie, and I still refer to the recipe card in my box of collected recipes. I’ve updated it slightly for my family and to make it in my Instant Pot, so sharing that version for hungry families everywhere.
- 2 medium onions
- 3 red bell peppers
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 15 ounce cans Great White Northern Beans
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3.25 pounds of cooked chicken breast (cooked in my IP before we started, but for a speedy fix you can used canned chicken)
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook chicken breast in Instant Pot (10 minutes on high pressure with 1 cup of water and steam release).
- While chicken is cooking dice onions and bell peppers.
- Chicken should be done by now unless you’re a crazy fast chopper. Drain chicken and shred it with a fork.
- Add all the ingredients into your Instant Pot.
- 30 minutes on high pressure.
- Serve! We top ours with a dollop of Greek yogurt and sometimes add slices of avocado.
Macros and Calories.
10 ounce serving = 280 calories. 20.3g carbs/1.9g fats/24g protein. 6g of fiber.